My Midwives Brisbane
My Midwives Brisbane is unique as one few private midwifery practices in Brisbane. The midwives now have access to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Redcliffe Hospital and Caboolture Hospital. This step is very significant for women as it means you now can be admitted to hospital and still continue to receive care from a midwife that you have employed rather than someone allocated to provide your care. The model of care means that women can have birth care from their own midwife, have obstetricians and other medical staff available and can receive Medicare rebates for care. The midwives have direct access to the Birth Center at The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
We offer a range of Midwifery Services including continuity of midwifery care, antenatal and postnatal care, education services.
- Free pregnancy testing
- Referral for blood testing and ultrasound testing
- Prescribing of medications as required
- Early parenting education
- Deluxe Postnatal packages available
- Referral to other health professionals as required
- Medicare rebates available
- Bulk billed visit explaining your options and choices in pregnancy
- Shared care with your GP or other practitioner (if they agree)
- Continued care with a known midwife through the pregnancy, birth and post birth
Once a month My Midwives Brisbane offers a fully catered one day course covering all the information we know you need to know about preparing for birth, labour, options for pain relief, water birth, emergency situations, the first few hours once your baby is born, going home from hospital and the first few weeks of parenting.
21st July 2018
Our one day Antenatal Class is focused on your active birth. This class is designed to be taken anywhere from 28 to 34 weeks of pregnancy by couples and their support people.
18th August 2018 | 15th September 2018 | 20th October 2018 | 17th November 2018 | 15th December 2018
Our newest class is targeted at mums around 4 to 6 weeks after birth. This group session includes your newborn if you wish, but is targeted at you and your strategies in early mothering.
25th July 2018 | 22nd August 2018 | 26th September 2018
Meet The My Midwives Brisbane Team